Monday 12 November 2012

Feeling Frou Frou Like A Fox

More your Frou Frou Frocks
But you get what I mean, I'm sure
Well, as it happens when I was getting misty of eye about The Pearly Dewdrop One, I failed to mention that I had in fact snaffled two teardrop bodies, rather than just the one.

Now tempted though I am to come up with some multi-body behemoth of a guitar, instead I think I am going to keep my life simple and instead make two guitars with the traditional single body each.

I've talked long and hard about The Pearlster, with it's Mojo P90, Strattish hardtail bridge and corroded bronze top, but what to do with this other blighter?

Well, it too will have a single P90 - I have a nice Gibson one around here somewhere that is worth a pop -  but I'm going to go for more of a Jr style and use a Gibson wraparound bridge I also acquired somewhere down the line.

As for the neck, well big-headed Strat seems the goose to be plucked there again, and I'll no doubt get Mr Mojo to make me yet another of his uber cool looms to make it work. Lovely.

As for the finish, well I am thinking that rust would be cool on this one, so that is the plan. At least on the top. Although I am tempted to do something ethereal in acrylic for old time's sake, so maybe that instead.

So one more for the coming one day never list, The Frou Frou Fox One, cool as cherry blossom, spindrifting over Yardley Wood.

Why does it feel like things are getting interesting around here?

La la laaaa 

No comments: