Friday 16 November 2012

Pearly Dewdropped Freckles

Well, after a bit of woodwork yesterday - sanding, routing, drilling - I almost felt like I knew what I was doing at one point - I thought I'd do a bit more on The Pearly Dewdrop one this morning.

And naturally enough, all feelings of competence disappeared quick smart when the wood stain I was holding in a yogurt pot (as I do) decided to escape, the bottom of the pot obligingly gave way and I now look like my hands and arms have been on a good holiday without me.

Oh, and I have freckles for the first time in my life, and they don't seem to want to wash off.

On the plus side, the dark oak stain suits Pearly better than it does me, and hopefully I'll be moving on when that dries and giving myself a hard waxing, or maybe throwing acid in my face to see if that removes the freckly bits, or just my skin.

Sometimes, it is harder than it should be.

La la laaaa

No comments: