Saturday 10 November 2012

Getting On With Hartlepool

Picture This
A Day In November
Well, The Hartlepool One is another that has been on the Never-likely-in-my-lifetime list for far too long, and so I've got my head together about it and it will hopefully be the shape of things to come.

What it will now be, is a rather lovely semi-acoustic Jazzmaster with a few tweaks to keep it interesting.

Instead of a Jazzmaster tremolo I've decided to go all hardtail on you and have a more Gibson style with a Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece. I think that will be pretty cool, and there we are.

It is also going to be a flat top with a nice 'slash' a la Ricky instead of an f hole, which should be pretty and stylish methinks. A bit of a Charvel Surfcaster vibe, methinks.

What else?

Well, a Jazzmaster neck, of course, will be handy, and I want it wired properly, so the rhythm circuit will be all present and correct, so that will naturally be the best of breed in the shape of one of Mojo Pickups' Jazzymaster looms.

As for the pickups, I'm thinking that I'll have a Mojo Jazzmaster pickup at the neck and maybe try one of Marc's JM-sized Wide Range humbuckers, as I haven't before, as I haven't really had a good excuse to neither.

And thinking about the finish, I fancy something a wee bit dark yet plushly opulent, so I need to dig out a sense of style from somewhere. Somewhere clearly deep.

La la laaaa

No comments: