Thursday 29 November 2012

WIP: The Mysterio One

Well, back to the pain-filled-pleasure that is Jookification today, and I could do nowt but go hell-for-rayon with The Mysterio One.

I think I said I'd already stained and waxed the body to give it a rough, old wood look, with the idea being that when I painted the acrylic on top it would give the impression of an old panel painting and more to the point make thecolourfilledness of the top all the brighter..

It's actually ten years since I did much painting and I've really avoided doing it on the guitars for lots of reasons, but mainly because I wanted to start anew as it were, but this was fun, so who knows, maybe more will happen sometime.

Anyway, as time has passed I've done my paint thing, and will be going in heavy with an ageing varnish later to complete the effect, and Fanny's your uncle and all that.

You can probably tell that the paint is quite thick and textured and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out, which is pretty cool as I rarely am. I don't want to get all puffypratic, in the words of the Housemartin, but it is based on Swift's A Tale of a Tub, but then that is probably obvious.

As for other stuff, well the year is running out so I probably need to plot and plan a wee bit and see what I'm capable of finishing this this side of shonky-jumper-and-pants-time and what is more likely to get shunted into next year.

But not today, for today I sleep.

La la laaa







No comments: