Wednesday 28 November 2012

Pearls a Swinger and Nína Tryggvadóttir

Well, with a bit of luck I'll soon be back to my Jooky ol' ways, and top of the agenda is to put a bit of colour in the cheeks of The Mysterio One.

I've already gone for a rough stain and wax, back and sides, but for the top I've got this image of a 'riot of colour' or perhaps 'a right mess', depending if I can remember how to do such things.

I want it to be textured and 3D both in looks and nature and generally vibrant and something else I read on the back of a postcard once that described the abstract expressionist movement, Pollocks and all. I know this has been done to death, and I don't want to dribble paint, so we'll see.

I always prefered Nína Tryggvadóttir anyway, but maybe that is because she died just after I was born and I can, even though at the time only a few months old, remember exactly where I was.

In a cot as it happens.

And I seem to remember that the Times gave a typically poor obituary - Icelandic Communists rarely get a good one, of course -  and that I was so enraged I thought then that one day I would make a guitar - maybe even 44 years later - and take her work as my inspiration. Not that my painting of the guitar will look anything like her work, I'm far more, err, free-willed, you'll understand, but I hope to capture the feeling of focussed desolation she brought to it.

As for the rest, it is an Esquire again and Marc at Mojo Pickups is pondering something different on the pickup front, so that is cool. I am going for a chopped Tele bridge as I seem to have one available unexpected-like, and I think it really must have a neck. You can take things too far, after all.

Other than that, waiting for parts is the usual tale, but it would be nice to finally play my Teardrop sometimes soon - Pearl is a swinger, after all.

La la laaaa

No comments: