Saturday 1 December 2012

Katy's Killer Kustoms Komeback Special - As Sweet As Canal No. 7

Well, I've been thinking a lot about the New Year, and one of the things I fancy doing again is dipping my toe into the murky merkin depths of Katy's Killer Customs guitars.

My regular reader will no doubt remember (if the meths haven't killed all the required synapses) that it is something that has never really worked for me before, but I think I've got to the root of the problem, in that basically it has to be interesting or other things take over.

Anyway, to cut a long story titchy, a nice chap called Paul got in touch fancying an Esquire (big plus tick from me for that, of course) but one that was personal to him.

Well, a few conversations later and we've arrived at a quite traditional spec with a few stylistic twists (big Afros and bell bottomed matching suits) and so it is game on.

So it will be...a swamp ash bodied Telecaster Esquire, black stained and waxed, a nice Allparts neck, pukka hardware, Mojo Hot Broadcaster and Mojo Esquire wiring.

It will also see my dipping back into a bit of metal work for a rather interesting cool scratchplate type of thing, and there we are. More to be revealed as we poddle along, no doubt.

All of which sounds pretty darn cool... The Old No.7 One, coming soon to, well, Paul I guess.

La la laaa

No comments: