Sunday 16 December 2012

Getting Foxy (Slight Reprieve)

Well, I seem to have confused myself slightly and thought that the bratskis were already on their holibobs, when in reality there is another week to go - so I might get something else done this week after all. Blimey and a lummy.

So here I am scurrying around trying to work out just what that might be, and the fave would seem to be The Frou Frou Fox One, mainly because I just about have all the parts, or will within  a couple of days anyway.

But what to do? Well, firstly, I'm going to stain the back and sides. That is easy enough.

After that the top is going to also be stained, and then I think another bronze/copper jobby but with different acid so it is more of a blue hue to it all. There will also be a little bit of acrylic colourfilledness  creeping in there too, just to keep things real.

I've gone around in circles about the bridge and tailpiece and have ended-up with a real trash sixties looking one which I think will work quite nicely. Pickup-wise, I've got a Gibson P90 Dogear and then a Mojo Pickups loom to make it sound it's best. Another Strat neck will finish the deal quite sweetly methinks.

Other than that, Marc at Mojo Pickups is aiming to do me something special in the pickup dept. for The Mysterio One, which I can't wait to hear, though that will probably be January's child and fair of face. If by fair we mean multi-coloured and acid fried.

Oh, and despite not liking Strats, I seem to have one coming this week, but more on that when it arrives. I'll be running the usual spread bet for anybody who wants to take a punt on it's stayinghereness, with the most likely timings being by-the-end-of-the-year.

An extra week though, cool. It almost feels like Christmas.

La la laaa

No comments: