Wednesday 5 December 2012

Metalwork - That's Going To Smart

Well, not exactly what you would call a 'full on' day again today, but I did manage to get The Old No. 7 One further along the track and even managed to do a couple of mock-ups.

One thing about this battered and worn little thing, that I am yet to mention, is that it is going to have a scratchplate made out of an old Jack Daniels tin sign.

Now the sign in question is yet to be obtained, and knowing my metalwork skills, it may actually be the best of a few, but as I didn't want a normal sized Esquire plate, and instead wanted something a little larger, I got all crafty and with a sprinkle of Google Images and twirl of Photoshop and some sharp scissors (without, a responsible adult coming anywhere close to being near) this is how it ended-up.





Obviously it is Paul's call, as this is just my ham-fisted attempt at explaining, but I think it works. Maybe slightly bigger/closer to the edges would be good, I'm not sure. But it is the over-sized-ness of the plate that is the point really, rather than the design.

Anyway, these are the things I do, sad innit. I don't normally admit it publicly.

Other than that, there is one more wrinkle I need to iron out before the idea is there, and obviously this is a plonked together one, the actual control plate will be aged and nailed down  with extreme prejudice and so will the knobs I expect, and as for the battering the sign will get, well...

La la laaaa





1 comment:

Paz said...

YES INDEED!!!!!!!