Thursday 6 December 2012

What's In The Post, Today?

Esquires are Coool
Well, back to the waiting-for-parts mantra, but I always love it when a big box comes from Marc at Mojo Pickups, and this morning such a thing arrived, and yes, I loved it.

I spend a lot of time alone.

First up was the pickups and wiring loom for The Floored Genius One, which I managed to put in without breaking, which is always a bonus. The nice thing about getting the loom and the pickups together for a Jazzmaster is of course that they don't require any soldering as the chap has already done it all - so a few screws and we're there.

What I'm less happy about is that I'm still awaiting the trem and bridge, but once they come it will be clover I tell you, clover.

Jazzmasters are Cooool
Also in the box, was the Hot Broadcaster pickup and super cool Esquire wiring loom for The Old No. 7 One, which when the control plate arrives (hopefully tomorrow) I'll be able to install and hit with a tuning fork to hear it twanging, which is pretty darn cool.

This is officially the first time we've got some of Crazyparts' 'TVT - True Vintage Taper CTS'  pots in one of our guitars, which are meant to be the best-pots-in-the-world-ever, so there. I have high hopes, nerd fans, it has to be said.



Jazzmaster Looms Are Coooool
Other than that, The Old No.7 One's body is all dry and waxed now and looking suitably like it is ancient and just hanging in there. The neck is ordered, though that will take a few weeks, so in between I get to play with some metalwork which I'm looking forward to. They do the ER up so nicely at Xmas.

Other than that, the body insert things arrived from Faber in Germany, which means that I can finally install the uber cool bridge on The Pearly Dewdrop One and get that fettled.

That may be my Xmas pressie to meself if I can get away with it, unless The Floored Genius One proves to be.

Unless I sell them of course,
I guess.

Right, now to find an old Jack Daniels sign or three to chop up...lovely.

La la laaaa




1 comment:

Paz said...

...Squealing with delight..........

Mp3 of the tuning fork induced twang please!!!