Tuesday 4 December 2012

Waxing Like A Charmer

Well, I am pretty darn chuffed with how The Old No.7 One is looking from behind this morning, I'm rather stunned to be saying it, but it is kinda what I was hoping for. Right first time. Most odd.

Today then will see the back getting a good hard waxing as I don't want to start on the front and mess this up along the way. Not that it matters, the order I do these things, but deep down I have this little OCD thing going on that insists on stuff being in-the-right-sequence. Once a nerd always a social cripple. And it is very deep down.

In fact I've given it the first coat of the wax oil, and it looks really good. The foto has made the lighter parts quite washed-out, in reality it looks a whole lot moodier and (dare I suggest) subtle. (I did dare, clearly.)

The wax is taking a while to dry, so that will probably be it for the day.

Last time I used this gubbins, I thought I'd be smart and put it in front of the gas fire in all it's living flame glory, but I think the fumes got too me as I woke up a few hours later with a crazy heavy headache. Though maybe I just needed a little nap, I'm of an age after all.

So I'm letting nature take her course with this, and as she is a chilly bitch at the moment, que cera.

In the meantime then, I really should finish The Pearly Dewdrop One, but it involves drilling holes in the right place and that isn't for me today. The old mince pies are a tad cloudy, so instead I'm going to put the bridge and esquire plate on The Magnifico One and sand a door or two..

Anyway...

La la laaaa

No comments: