Wednesday 12 December 2012

I Do Like To Be...

Well, with a smatter of luck, some parts will arrive today so that I can finish The Floored Genius One, assuming I can stop playing Pearl for long enough to open the post. I nicked a strap pin in the end from something else, as teardrops are definitely a bit tricky to play sitting down unless you go cross legged and play it with the neck high in the air like a sitar. Still, I am loving it big style and the sound is just crazy cool.

Speaking of sitars, really sad to see that Ravi Shankar died - though at 92 I guess he didn't have a bad run at it. Maybe I should get a sitar bridge for the Frou Frou...maybe.

As for other things, well I mentioned I'd fallen in love with the new Fender Jazzmaster re-issues, mainly the one in Shoreline Gold, and as it is unlikely that I'll have £1400 spare anytime soon, I thought I'd make a gold Jazzmaster to scratch the itch, as it were.

Obviously, it won't be gold paint I'll be using, so instead I'm going to go forward to the past and dig out some gold leaf and get busy with it. I'm thinking the 24 karat gold leaf I used for The Golden Shower One, or perhaps it was  The Old Burny One, I forget, and as I want it to look a wee bit on the old side, I might finish it with nitro and see if I can get some of that there fancy crazing bobbins going on. Be fun at least.

I always liked this foto of a JM Patti Smith gave Thurston Moore, nice.

As for the rest, well I keep looking for a good excuse to try one of Marc at Mojo pickups' Jazzmaster sized Wide Range Humbuckers, so perhaps one of those at the bridge and a normal JM one at the neck. All of which will happen in the New Year sometime, so don't get too excited about The Seaside One.

La la laaa

4 comments:

Paz said...

Never tried a Jazz Master....may have to have a go one day!!!

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

You really should Paz - great guitars. Oddly, I might know someone who is selling one around here...in an hour or two ;o)

Paz said...

Unfortunatley I am fully guitar'd up at the moment......with another on the way!!! (old No7!!!)

Perhaps next year..........

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Too true :)