Tuesday 11 December 2012

Two Strings On My Jooky

Well, it seems I still have some work to do in getting The Pearly Dewdrop One fettled. There are a couple of strings on now and the alignment is right, and even in it's unfinished state it sounds and feels stunning. Light as a feathery thing too, which is good, unless it's a buzzard or Slerk or something.

Today and some of tomorrow are probably going to prove to be my last real chance so I need to get my finger out and get a shift on with it, if I'm going to be playing Band Aid this Xmas. I wear one every Xmas, of course, and most of the rest of the year too. But strumming, well, it's kinda different. Two strings on my Jooky just seems never enough.

All of which has made me all the keener to get The Frou Frou Fox One started. I'm going for a clunky big tailpiece on this one in the end, because I can, and have a nice old Gibson P90 Dogear from a Junior for the noisnikking so all in all it should be pretty cool. I just want to get Pearl done first - learn the lessons and all that.

But the Frou Frau, I've gone around the houses a bit on that one in terms of what the finish will be, but I'm coming to the conclusion that maybe acrylic paint and corroded copper together could be fun. Only on the top mind, the back is going to be stained, as with Pearl.

I am also vaguely hoping that my errant tremolo will arrive for The Floored Genius One, though I have also ordered one locally (the other is coming from the US of A) which will hit the spot too. I need them here tomorrow at the latest either way, and I can't say hope is springing even momentarily. Everything else is done though with that baby, so it is just down to the thumbing of the twiddles and all that.

I have to say, I am already planning the next Jazzmaster as I want to do one in gold leaf (after seeing the new re-issues in Shoreline Gold), but I really can't add to the to-do list for a while, so I'll say no more. Until tomorrow, I expect.

sLa la laaaa

No comments: