Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Mysterio Portishead Shroud Morning

Well, I don't really want to go on about it - I would hate to bore you any more than normal - but things moved on further still with The Old No.7 One yesterday, and I really feel I should share with the group.

As I got the back to a stable position somehow, and verily nice I think it is too, I moved on with alacrity to the front and repeated the trick. As it happens, sleep deprivation obviously helps, as that looks pretty good to me too, though if you look carefully I'm sure you can see the imprint of the body of Christ. The Portishead Shroud, pity we already had a name for this one.

Still a fair bit to do over the next few days, but it feels like a guitar all of a sudden, which is probably a good thing, as I'm sure Paul mentioned he wanted one.

As for the other bits, well Marc at Mojo pickups is sorting the pickup and wiring loom - I lurve Esquires, I probably haven't mentioned that before - and there is a nice Fender traditional bridge and ashtray cover too. In fact the only thing I forgot was the string thingies that plop in the back, the Louis's.
Ferrules, I mean.

All of which means Allparts taking decades to have a traditionally cool neck was getting annoying, so we're going for one from Warmoth instead, which is pretty good letsbefacinit.

The nice thing is that this means that we'll have a few weeks to play about with the extras that are going to increase the cool quotient lotsly much.Tidy nice.

Elsewhere, I mentioned The Mysterio One but forgot to put a foto up. Now tell me that isn't a little belter. Must sort a neck out for that too. Hmmm. A theme, I can feel another theme coming on. Get me the theme cream, somebody.

There was something else too,
I just can't remember what it was.

I need sleep.


Oh yes, I had a lovely ebony 'boarded neck arrive for The Black Russian One, so that is a tidy step forward all by it's ownsome self.

La la laaa



No comments: