Tuesday 4 December 2012

Electric Kool Aid Scripturenating

Well, I got the bridge and Esquire plate onto The Mysterio One, and jolly cool it looks too. I know it won't be for everybody, but I love the texture of the paint as well as the colours, not sure why that is.

Though I remember spending a lot of time looking for Electric Kool Aid around the newsagents of Stirchley a lifetime ago, and failing miserably. Even worse when I went looking for Benny Tubes, but there we are.

Newsagents of Stirchley, that sounds quite impressive. Like Beasts of England, or maybe not.

Anyway, speaking of trippy kinds of things, I found my latest favourite band today on Facebook (of all places) when I heard the debut single (are they still called singles these days, poppin' pickers?) in the shape of 'WAR on Love' by The Scriptures, which is rather stunningly cool. And Kool, come to that.

It is a trippy, faintly Shoegazery type of thing which appeals to the Cocteau Twins, MBV, Ride, Chapterhouse, Slowdive lover in me. Ah, the Slough Festival of '89 (maybe), glorious stuff.

Not that it is aping such things, but there are definitely echoes of the best of it, and it is going around my head big time.

You can hear it Here on the band's page, and it is well worth a listen among the tumult of daily life, methinks. Oh, and buy it if you like it - £1 for chrissake, got to be worth it so chaps like these can carry on making such glory. Benny Tubes, or no Benny Tubes.

La la laaa

No comments: