Saturday 1 December 2012

Cool People Doing Cool Things

Well, I mentioned the mandolin-inspired loveliness that will one day be The Shonky One, and that it would have a couple of buckers - probably P90 & PAF Mojos in truth, and all was well with the world.

Until that is Marc at Mojo Pickups chucked me another curve ball and sent me a foto of a rather cool mini-'bucker he has started making - his 3x3 - which are based on an old Harmony model and are just begging to be used in a dose of pure Shonkiness.

I love the fact that Marc comes up with off the wall stuff - I know it is probably for very good commercial reasons, but so many pickup winders seem to concentrate on 47 variations of the PAF - mellow, hot, hotter, silly, nutterdom etc. - so when I get an email saying 'You might like these' from Sunny Halifax, it always brings a smile.

And so it will again I'm sure, There aren't many things I'll buy blind and not be disappointed, but I don't think twice in his case.

So The Shonky One will be a mandolin influenced guitar with pickups based on an old Harmony Semi-acoustic. It don't get no more Jooky than that... As for the finish, well, we'll just have to see.

La la laaaa

1 comment:

burton said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm......