Monday 17 December 2012

Teardrops, Teardrops, & Not a Pint to Drink

Pearl, ready for the road
Well, today has been designated 'painting day', though unfortunately it involves skirting boards and radiators and strict instructions not to throw acid at them once I've finished. Which does take the fun out of it somewhat.

So in between such joy, I gave The Pearly Dewdrop One a final twang, changed the old Hofner knobs for some aged Tele ones as they look and work better, packed it snuggle and am waiting for it to go away to it's new home.

I'd originally set it up with 11s and a medium action, but Ed who is having it prefers 10s and something lower, which is fair enough.

Frou Frou Feeling The Bronze
All of which set me off on The Frou Frou Fox One, and as you can hopefully see, I've stained back and sides a nice warm mahogany tone, given them a nice hard waxing, and have now moved on to the front which has been coated liberally with bronze enriched paint.

From there, there will be another coat of that, some blue-inspiring acid work, other chemical bobbins to make it stable and safe, some hard wax, some acrylic paint to taste and more hardwax oil to finish it off.

Once that is done, it may well be Wednesday, but I'll be happy and we all need a little something tucked away to look forward to on a Wednesday.

In other news, I've gathered (or they are coming anyway) all the bits for my golden Jazzmaster, The Seaside One, which I'm hoping will help me avoid Xmas TV over the next week or so. Well, a boy can dream.

Anyway...back to the skirting.

La la laaaa



No comments: