Friday 7 December 2012

WIP: The Pearly Dewdrop One

Well, as time-is-a-movin' and I will soon again be infested with festive Bratskis, I thought I'd better get on and finish something. So today is officially The Pearly Dewdrop Day, as that is as close as I can get right now.

From the top then, first thing to do was drill a couple o holes to drop the new bridge in. Nice bobbins this Faber stuff, and handily it is tarnished nickel which matches the cover of the Mojo Dogear P90. I wish I could say that it was planned.

Now I try to do all drilling on guitars handraulically, but for some reason it wasn't happening, so I used a leccy drill instead. That worked a lot quicker, though I was a teensy bit perturbed by the smoke pouring out of one of the holes. Think my finger jammed on the trigger. Luckily it was before I'd got as far in as I needed to, so it was self-healing, as it were.

Anyway, the bridge is on, and I just need to rejig the neck slightly and it will get some strings. Can't wait. It seems ages since we've had an 'Introducing...' moment around here.

One thing that will need a tweak is that I need to replace one of the pots as the shaft isn't quite long enough. Duff measuring on my part, but it works - held on by the fancy old Hofner knob - but not ideal as t works, but wobbles.

As for other things, I'm pretty much as far as I can get with most bobbins now, though when the (forgotten) control plate arrives I'm going to install the pickup/controls on The Old No.7 One, as well as things like strap pins and something-else-that-escapes-me-now. Oh, ferrules. the new strap pin is your ferrule. Easily disregarded.

La la laaaaa


No comments: