Monday 3 December 2012

Service With A Simile

Well, it has been a funny week or three in the little kingdom of Jook, and with Crimbulmus arriving fleet of toe, I've come to the confusion that maybe I should try and finish a little something here and there before the year ends and I start to mither about being a slack get.

This week then (note the immediate lack of promises relating to daily progress) I am going to finish The Pearly Dewdrop One, with it's trendily cool Faber bridge and all, and I am going to get a shuffle on with The Old No. 7 One too.

I had a couple of people (who I'd previosuly said that I wouldn't make a custom guitar for) asking about the fact that I am, err, making a custom guitar for somebody other than them.

And I do feel a little bad about it, but there we are, but it really was something personal, it isn't that I'm indecisive or bounce along on the whim and breeze, what else can I say about it?

It wasn't me it was you.

In the new year though, I think I might do it more often but only if people want Teardrops, Jazzmasters or Teles and are willing to have little say in what it looks like. Which I would imagine narrows the number of applicants (supplicants?) from the off.

It may seem a little harsh and a lottle deluded, but I really can't be arsed doing things I don't enjoy anymore, I could go and flip burgers or something. Though admittedly, I may get paid for doing that until they realise that I'm a radical veggie and was stealing the burgers to release them back into the wild, replacing them with Tofu and generally holding my nose the whole time.

I don't know why I slipped into a past tense there, it wasn't a confession.

So there we are, a real politik broadcast on behalf of the arsey.

In other news, well, I still need to sort out loads of parts as I didn't get around to it, so I should probably do that this week sometime too.

But there is a swimming gala to attend, people to ignore, places to leave.
It's never ending, this.

La la laaaa

No comments: