Wednesday 30 March 2011

While I'm talking vaporware...

Well, after sorting out my head about the blue paisley Jaguar, I turned my inactivity to the pine Telecaster body I've been meaning to do something with for eons, and finally decided what that will be like..

Firstly, it is a pine Tele body, following so far? I may have mentioned it.

Finish-wise, it is going to have a golden paisley on the sides and back, with a Copper leaf top. The copper leaf showed up this morning, and looks amazing and I'm really into the idea. Originally I was going to use copper sheet, but I like the idea of mixing the leaf and the fabric and this seems the perfect opportunity.

In terms of pickups - I'm going for an 'Esquire' approach, that is a single bridge pickup - I have a nice Bare Knuckle 'Brown Sugar' one which I've been saving for a special occasion, and then the wiring will do something clever with capacitors and resistors to give a few more sounds. I did think about a hidden neck pickup, but to be honest, I like the idea of an Esquire au natrel-like

The neck is one I picked-up a while back, maple on maple and unfinished. I was in two minds about giving this the traditional glossy tele garnish, but I don't think I will now. It looks rather beautiful as it is. The only downside is that I need to cut a nut slot, something I've been cowering away from as I've only ever done it on Cigar Box Guitars and when you are using a bolt for a nut, finesse is less of an issue. So loins need to be curdled in that direction. After that I've got Schaller tuners, and an ash tray cover for the bridge. I love those things, but haven't used one since The Paisley One all that time ago...

And there we are. I've been talking about my Lulu Copper Tops for a while, but the time is now.
Well, soon anyway.

No comments: