Wednesday 23 March 2011

Introducing The Twangy One, Proper-like

Well, it's had the longest gestation of any Jooky guitar ever, but I'm really chuffed that I got off my lardy arse found my motivation and finished this baby, as it has been a real real Revelation.

From the top, it is a twin humbucker Strat with a delightfilled and cool paisley finish.
The pickups are Kent Armstron 'Kentrons' which are the clever old chap's take on the Gretsch Fil'trons, that twanged away the early years of Rock 'n' Roll and have kept Brian Setzer in business for the last thirty years too.

Tuners, are split Kluson type and lovely and smooth.

Controls, perversely, I went for a Les Paul-esque approach with dual volume and tone knobs and a three-way switch. The reason for this is that I wanted as many options on the pickup front as possible, and it has paid of in bucket loads of spades as not only does this baby Twang for England - which shocked me for some reason - it means you can easily find Tele and PAF Les Paul sounds alongside your Duane Eddy special tone. All of which makes it remarably versatile, I'm most imssed with meself...

To complete the traditional-yet-without-a-tradition approach, I've gone for a Tweedy case. After far too many problems with couriers in the past I've bitten the bullet and decided that all of the Jooky guitars will have a hard case in future, which means that they won't quite be as cheap as they were, but at least they have more chance of arriving in one piece.

But there we are...my latest trick
mwahh xx





No comments: