Tuesday 29 March 2011

Delving in my parts box, err, room.

Well, I've finished the neck on the Loveless One, put some fine tuners on, polished the frets, oiled the rosewood and cut a new bone nut and all that is left is for me to fit the pickups when they arrive. All good stuff.

And so I find myself looking around at piles of parts and deciding what it is I want to do....and where does my gaze fall, but onto the Jaguar/Jazzmaster body I picked up for my ill-fated escapade into the realms of custom guitar building.

The body, at the time, I was really pleased to get. It is a handmade, ash Jazzmaster/Jaguar shaped thing and is crying out for a lovely blue paisley finish. I've also got a nice hand made big-headed Strat neck, which looks the part and a real temptation to put some top notch single coils in there. The original plan was P90 plus a Humbuckers, then it was going to be a pair of Gibson P90s...but I like the idea of a Strat in Jaguar body, so I'm going to do that. (I know, I always put humbuckers and P90s in Strats, so obviously it makes sense to put Strat pickups into a Jaguar, like obviously.)

I'm thinking I should get some that are on the warm side though, just to give it some bite and a touch of oomph.

No fotos yet as it is still vapourware, at the moment...but probably will be more 3D come tomorrow.

Unless I do something else instead,
always a concern.

No comments: