Tuesday 15 March 2011

Distractions, I've Had a Few...

There have been a few ins and outs around here recently. I guess it is a bit of a spring cleaning kind of vibe, or maybe I just got fed up of things looking at me and asking when it is their turn to bask in the radiance of my gaze...but the bottom line is, I've had more guitars, pickups, effects and cases coming in and out of this place over the last couple of months than I have, well, something that I've had lots of.

But where does that leave me? Well, half the guitars I was planning on building won't happen as I've got shot of the parts, but the ones that are left will be.

So it is a yes to The Twangy One, The Pine Tele and the Old 80s Burny Les Paul. Oh and the Explorer thing with skulls on, though. But a big no to all the others. For now anyway.

Ropey Camerafone Picture - Sorry
See I got a bit bored, and that was never the point. So I've given it the Michael Finnigan all over.

Oh, but this little one did show up this morning: a trip down memory lane in the shape of a Vintage VS6 SG type of thing. My first 'proper' guitar was an Epiphone SG which I flogged to buy a Jazzmaster, and always wished I'd kept. I've recently tried a few Epiphone ones again, but this felt more like the 'original' so, there we are. Probably last a week, but it felt good. Nice wide neck as well.

I've also decided that I really should let the Golden Shower One go as well. I've pimped it with better parts and am a lot happier with it now, and it has a shiny tweedy case to keep it warm at night too. Maybe I should keep it. Dunno. Time will tell.

Other than that...well, I might start doing something soon, one of these days.

No comments: