Wednesday 7 April 2010

Pimping The Pimp

Well, now that the Challenge is over, I've been able to spend a wee bit of time on replacing all of the parts I skimped on last week, and it feels a lot tighter now that I have, especially with the new Wilkinson tuners which are rock solid, and a better bridge and set of spindly twirly bits beneath.

On top of that, I've rewired with new wire, put a better Les Paul-esque switch to good use and invested wisely in some lovely new pots. Not a crickle or a crackle in sight, or sound.

Just to really set it off, I'm about to order a nice Tweedy case for it, and also one of those Diamond Bottlenecks I was talking about before.

I have also been pondering about having it purely as a slide guitar, and I know that if I come to try and flog it - as I no doubt will - this will be a bit limiting, but it just sounds so right, and I don't think I've ever had as nice a slide sound as this. After spending an hour on the Pimp One I went and tried playing something slippy on my Jazzmaster and it just doesn't work as well.

Don't get me wrong, the action is high but you can still fret a note.

We'll see anyway.

The big question though, is what do I make next...?

No comments: