Thursday 22 April 2010

Taking the gloss off of stuff

I'm not a big Slash fan - I mean, he's good and I liked the early G 'n'R stuff, but I haven't really kept track since then, not that I dislike him, just don't listen. If that makes sense.

Anyway, the other day I was looking at the latest reproduction of the copy of a Les Paul he played back in the day...
Well, you know the score.
And I thought that I liked the look of it.

What I liked about it though was that it has a dull finish - satin or matte, I don't know what you'd call it - rather than all glossy and shiny.

No big deal, and I am not ever likely to spend a couple of grand on a guitar, or even a few hundred much more fun to make them, but one for the lottery-list, if nowt else.

Imagine-my-surprise, as they say in all the best places, when I came across this thread on a web site, where a fella was turning a gloss Les Paul into a nice matte or satin one. With easy to use implements...

The one on the left is the before which as you can see is very nice, yet really glossy and shiny.


The one to my right is the after, which is uber cool in excelsis...




Anyway, just thought I'd mention it, and do go read the link as he did a wicked description/explanation...

Now, if I only had a cherryburst Les Paul

Hmmm...

No comments: