Monday 19 April 2010

It's Psychedelic, yet Surfy - all at the same time

Well, things are sort of moving, by our own glacia-on-mogadon standards, and believe it or not we've actually trundled quite well as far as the offset yet paisley-enhanced guitar goes.

I think I said before that I wanted to marry Ventures-like cool with something a bit more flashy and this is where we've got to.

I should say that I did plan to have two different clothes - one for the body and the other for the scratchplate, but I've gone same-on-same in the end as basically it looked better. Lesson to be learned there. If you end up owning this though, the other colour is underneath on the scratchplate, so you could take your pick really.

If you are brave enough.

Anyway, headstock reshaped, neck danish oiled, name, rank and number burned into the headstock - I think we've seen all of this before, but this is The Psychedelic Surf One, ain't she a cutie?

The body though, is a beautiful bit of paisley-ified cloth, and I've given it a nitro blast of lacquer so it should hopefully age a bit over time. Ultra thin the coat was which means there is still a grain from the cloth, which I like...

As for what is left to do - well, I've still not got pickups, or the electronics sorted, so that is top of the list, and I think I will change the tuners for something else as these aren't the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm thinking P90s for the last time for a while, though they seem to be thin on the ground at the moment...

Heh ho.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that maybe I should get a new table cloth...

2 comments:

Jules Longhurst, Routemaster said...

In the words of littlegreenman on the musicradar forum, that thing is a work of beauty. Well played sir. Jules (McToot the Bat)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers Jules...glad you approve