Friday 30 April 2010

Chopping The Beano, And A Slight Mistake

So is Blue Peter the new Rock 'n' Roll?

It certainly feels like it around here - ahem - as I spent a chunk of yesterday chopping a 1966 copy of the Beano up and sticking it on my Les Paul...

It is good fun, as it happens, and proved to be a lot trickier than I thought it would be. All those afternoons of proven incompetence at school came back to me and I remembered why I went into areas that didn't require me to do anything truly practical once I started working.

Still, the back is nearly there now, and I have another '66 on the way to mutilate for the front.



There was only one real downside.

I somehow managed to chop up another Beano - an issue one, from 1938 - which I have a feeling may have been an expensive mistake.

Think I'll stick the masthead on the guitar somewhere now.
Be a shame to not use it, even if it does divert from the 'Spirit of '66' idea for the guitar.

If at this point you're thinking

'An issue one of The Beano is worth a shedload of money'

I'd really prefer not to know that, and have deliberately not checked.
So schtum, eh?

Anyway, more to do on that today I think.

As for the rest of the parts, I think I'm going to look for some nickel hardware for this, as that always looks the best when aged. I'm also going to get a tinted lacquer once the wallpapering is complete, as it really should look a bit older.
Heh ho.

The only hard bit really is stopping myself reading the guitar as I go along.

No comments: