Tuesday 20 April 2010

Mr Postie

I'm not sure about yours, but we've got a new postie and amazingly - after a decade of it not being the case - things seem to turn up a lot quicker.

Don't know why that is.

Apart from the fact that the old one may have been a thieving get.

Anyway, some pickups I'd 'sourced' for the Psychedelic Surf One have shown up along with all the other leccy gubbins from Axetec who as ever are utterly predictable and excellent.

Which is handy as tomorrow morning I'm going to put it all together,
hopefully.

I even went for a Sprague Orange Drop capacitor - without knowing what the difference is meant to be. I mean, I'm sure it will prove to be amazing, but like Bumble Bees, I can smell a bit of marketing in the air.

Saying that, I also went for a good, solid, Les Paul type of switch and a Neutrik jack socket and generally top notch parts all over the place. The difference between cheap and good is so small it seems daft not to, even if the real difference in performance may prove to be negligible.

Oh, the pickups I got are IronGear P90s - the full sized ones - Platinum I think they are called.
Everybody raves about IronGear, so it will be nice to find out how good they are myself. If they prove to be shonky I will no doubt start looking for something else, but fingers crissed, eh?

Speaking of the post, I also got some Tokai PAF pickups which will find their way into a Les Paul project I'm hoping to start soon, though I'll probably try them in something else first - The Glistery One for instance - to see how they go.

Anyway, I'm verily boring today, but there will be more fotos tomorrow with a tad of the lucky stuff.

No comments: