Thursday 4 October 2012

WIP: The Confused One

Well, I'm pleased to say that The Tickled Pink One is 99% there, but as I am awaiting a final ingredient or seven to make you all go 'Wow' and 'Cor blimey' and generally nod in *that* old familiar yet special way, you'll have to wait a little longer for it's unveiling.

It's all about the grin, that's the important thing.

In the meantime, I thought I'd show you the WIP of The Confused One, which is looking delightfully tattered and torn, and I've really taken rather a shine to it.

It is another swamp ash body, with a back that has been mahogany stained and waxed, yet the top, and dribbling over the edge, is a stunningly cool rusted iron finish.

Other than that, the neck looks like it is likely to be a total gem, and the Gretsch Filtertron pickup looks the Mutt's Nuts, as it were. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

Other than even more all of that, young Marcy Mojo has done me a nice Esquire wiring loom so that we get some joy from the tones and there we be.

In fact all it needs is a bit of solder to join up the dots, and then a bridge. Don't ask me how, but I forgot to get one, which is sadly fundamental to the whole putting strings on vibe. Oh, I forgot the neck plate too, tut-di-di-tut.

Still, other than that trifle, it be looking good and shouldn't take long from this point forward.

So is it an Esquire or is it a La Cabronita? I don't know, it sort of goes both ways. Double the fun and twice the opportunities. Wish I'd realised that sooner. Might have made adolescence more interesting.

La la laaaa

No comments: