Monday 22 October 2012

WIP: The Bergasol One

1. Sanded Ash - Nice Grain
Well, tis indeedy early days, but I'm quite pleased with how The Bergasol One is coming together, so I thought I would share with the group.

As you can hopefully see, I started by staining the swamp ash body a lovely shade of bleu, which looks pretty and fine to me.

From there, the top was given lashings of bronze beer err paint.

I wanted this to be quite thin so that we'll still get to see a hint of grain through it here and somewhere over there, somewhere nice and yet it be too soon to find out whether I pulled that off or not.

Next step along this little journey, was to corrode a good portion of the bronze. I dripped it so that it runs over the edges, but that can retain the bronziness, it is the top I wanted to get a nice blue dilapidated hue.

2. Bluely Stained Back
So back to the house acid which I applied a little different this time as I wanted a more natural - sculpture like - corrosion, so I used a little spray head thing out of an old Fruit Shoot bottle, and it has come out really well.

I did the headstock to match which worked nicely.

I don't know,  it happens, just sometimes, rare, but occasional like a table - things just go right.

Nowt to do with me, just a wrinkle in the cosmos.

As for what is next, well I'm going to hard wax it all over which will account for a few days I expect.

After that I have a Bakelite esquire 'plate, a proper Fender bridge and a list of parts on their way.

3. Bluely Stained Front
As I said Marcy Mojo is doing me something special in the pickup dept. and one of his amazingly cool Esquire looms to bring it out of itself good and proper, which is all groovy as per.

He's already done the loom, so we'll have to wait and see what the chap comes up with pickup-wise.

This is going to be pretty and groovy all at the same time. I just know it.

Other than that, The Confused One is on it's way, so I'll give that a final twiddle and some chunky new strings before waiting for couriers once more.

The Chi Chi One is niggling me, so I think I need to do a bit of something there too.

Oh and the returning pickups, wirting and plate have just arrived from Mojoland for The Fallen One, so that will hopefully go back together again, too,

All fun, has to be said.

La la laaaa.





4. Bronze Smothered Front and Drippy Sides

5. Acid Sprayed Frontage

6. Acid Sprayed Headstock

7. Corroded Front With Added Wax

No comments: