Tuesday 23 October 2012

Sex On A Sticky Stick

Well, I wasn't best pleased. The re-wired (paint scratched) loomified 'plate for The Fallen One arrived back from Mojo-land. I got all excited and instantly plugged it in and was rather gutted to see the three-way-switch wobbling like one of #2 brat's teeth.

I guess the boot print on the box should have given me a clue that it had had the courier stomp treatment.

It sounds great when you hold it in place, but it limits the old fingering somewhat, it has to be said.

Actually that wouldn't affect me too much.

But anyway, I carried on waxing The Bergasol One and will do more when the top is dry. I am rather impressed as it looks stunning.

This may just be my opinion, of course, but there we are. If I'm being honest, nobody else's counts anyway.

Other than that, I played with The Chi Chi One's nut, and that is better. I think it was snagging slightly before which is annoying. Nowt worse than a snaggy nut. But it is slipping and sliding away now like there is no tomorrow.

So that was good, apart from that I spent far-too-much-time playing dodgy rock riffs on the extremely sweet sounding PAF, before hitting the P90 and launching into ear-splintering solos.

Well, in my head anyway, The pickups sound fantastic, and I really need an SG with a pair of these PAFs in - like now - but I'm getting by.

Obviously there is more set-up to do before I put it on the block (ahem.)

So today, more waxing, more strumming and I have my first guitar lesson since 1989, which I have a feeling will be chronically embarrassing, but there we are. We are none of us too old to learn.

la la laaa

No comments: