Friday 5 October 2012

I Can Almost Taste It...

Well, The Tickled Pink One now features strings, if only a set of cheapies for an initial set-up, and sounds every bit as good as expected. I did some more work on the frets, so they are super shiny glassy now and there we are.

One slight drawback was that I managed to put the wrong strings in the wrong place, but it is quite pleasant sounding regardless, if a little wobbly at times.

Speaking of strings the rather excellent Paul at StringsDirect has donated some lovely strings to the cause, which will be very much appreciated as we go along, I think. Cheers to Paul for sorting that out, what a geezer.

As for other stuff, I think I spent longer fettling the neck on The Confused One yesterday than anything else, but the pickup is wired in now and gives a satisfying clang when I hit it with a monkey wrench. I also organised the missing bridge and neck plate, so they should be here by next week and the confusion will be at an end. Light dawns, enlightenment follows.

So all together the usual mix of solder, oil, scraped knuckles and something else I forget now.

As for today, well as Mr Mojo is rapidly winding and wiring a Dogear P90 and loom for it, I'm feeling the pressure and am planning to chop The Pearly Dewdrop One body out of a lump of wood. I can't hide anymore, put up or well, shush-yer-yapping-yaw, I expect.

Saying that, I think a little web site or blog for the Tickler might jump in front, but there we are.

It's tricky being so organised and productive.

La la laaaa

No comments: