Friday 12 October 2012

WIP: The Chi Chi One

Well, off topic I realise, but I finally started chopping the wood as far as The Pearly Dewdrop Goes,  but more on that next  week when I get going for real on the routering.

Instead, I thought I'd show you  my WIP as far as the lovely The Chi Chi One goes.

Still  awaiting Wilkinson  steel blocked trems and the like, but I've got a nice Strat neck, finished waxing the swamp ash  body, plonked and soldered the Mojo PAF and P90 pickups and wiring and when the other parts come we'll be in clover. Red Tigers and all.

Oh, and I  went for a La Cab-esque pickguard made from a nice old record again. BB King got chopped this time, but I can't imagine he'll mind too much. Still got to burn some screw holes and then attach it, but it looks nice and I'm pleased.

So waiting now for trem, pickup rings, strap pins, tuners and trees, a neck plate and screws and that is about it methinks.

Not a lot if you say  it quicksmart.

La la laaaaa

No comments: