Saturday 27 November 2010

WIP: The Fat Pussy One

Despite the fact that I'm pretty full-on with the customs right now, having one of the brats home sick from school means I'm a bit limited on what I can do, so I thought I'd bolt together the Fat Pussy One today.

This is the one with the Catswhisker Fat Moggy P90 pickup and a lovely neck too. My only problem with this baby was that the tuners I had available weren't the greatest, and more to the point were chrome, when I really saw this one needing a bit of gold to bring out the red/black paisley and the laughter in my eyes.

I didn't want anything else gold mind, just the tuners as they are far enough away, but still...blah blah blah. I can't explain what I mean.

Anyway, luckily for me I spotted some Fender USA tuners going begging, which solved the immediate problem, but better still they were goldenised.

It is all fated this Jooky bobbins.

So there we are, I've plonked it together, neck on, tuners to be replaced when they show up, everything apart from the wiring in place...can't be bad. Oh, the neck needs some serious lemon oil tenderness too, of course, and strings. I always forget about the strings, and a few of the screws. (I'm avoiding any obviously crude puns at this point, hope you appreciate my restraint, it would be far too easy to start talking about screwing fat pussies at this point, but I like to think I can rise above such things..)

As for the wiring, I must admit I am for once making life simple for meself.

A P90,
a volume control
and that is about it.

Oh, a kill switch, just for those RATM Morello moments.

And I'm using a push-pull volume pot as Allan at Catswhisker had kindly wired the P90 so that it can be put out-of-phase, which is nice of him and I can't wait to hear it...

So maybe not sooo very simple, but it will at least look that way.

Here is the WIP of it anyway, hopefully I'll get the wiring done at some point too, being as the pickup wire is peeking out from under the scratchplate on the fotos, I notice now it is too late.

I must admit single pickup Strats are something I've really begun to love doing and playing. My signature dish, somebody said the other day - though I think they were trying to say I was simple - but there we are. Simple is as simple does. That's me.

No comments: