Thursday 11 November 2010

Chugging along peace-filled, like WIP Fotos

I'm really feeling rather charmed by the Peace Train One, at the moment.

I sorted out the neck earlier, so it isn't so glossy or neat anymore, and I decided to replace the rather shonky tuners with some Wilkinson ones which should make a world of difference. I've also made a rather momentous decision, and am going with a plain black scratchplate for the first time ever.

At least I am at the moment.

The hippified fabric looks stunning, so I might have to relent and cover the scratchplate with it in the end. I just think, for once, a little err; subtlety might be in order...

I also decided to keep the original pickups. I think I said that I have some from a Fender Highway One Strat that I was thinking of using, but these have such a distinct 'voice' especially with the aluminum (or whatever it is) bridge, that it would be criminal to change them. Again, that's the plan as I write this, but who knows really.

Here it is so far anyway... (And yes, I rrealised after I took the snaps that I'd forgotten to put the bridge on - sheesh.) Quite nice to be thinking peacefilled thought on a day like today...





4 comments:

Dickinstein said...

What are all the controls for ?

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Oh, there is no pickup selector switch - so instead you get three on/off switches, and three independent volume controls. On top of that, there are also switches for a built-in overdrive/fuzz and an Auto-wah, which when you switch these on the volume controls seem to change function and become controls for the effects. Most fun

Fat Old Man said...

this looks amazing - and I love the idea of built in effects

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers FoM, I thought you'd approve :) The effects are good fun and surprisingly decent for such an old guitar. (Assuming it is 60s, I still don't know for sure.)

The only downside I can see is that it is old-style active - it doesn't work at all if the batteries die...