Wednesday 3 November 2010

The OCD One - WIP

The OCD One: Front - Uncut
Well, I promised to show the OCD One as we went along, and then failed dismally, so here is a bit of a flavour...

Firstly, to recap, this is the first 'Jooky Custom' guitar I've attempted, where I put one together to somebody else's 'spec'. In this case Geoff,
nice bloke Geoff.

Anyway, it has taken a while due to various falls down stairs, and mishaps, but we are finally at the lacquering stage and I figured it would be nice to show the design.

I think I mentioned before that it has a kinda old-style goth/emo look to it, and in the fabric we've used as a covering, Geoff has picked-up on that in a big way...as you can see. As before, it will have a 70s headstock, maple neck, twin lipstick pickups and a Retrotron 'Hot Liverpool' humbucker, which will be coil-tapped, blah blah & a blah.

So there we are...you won't see another like this one...
The OCD One: White SSS Scratchplate


p.s. The dents on the scratchplate are just where I haven't cut-the-'oles out, as it were...

The OCD One: Uncut
The OCD One: Black Scratchplate HSS
The OCD One: Black scratchplate reclining casual like

11 comments:

Dickinstein said...

Its looking nice .bet you can't wait geoff!

If you get any bigger bodies, let me know .

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers 17FiftySeven & I will give you a shout.. As it happens, I've just got a reissue '59 Danelectro that I'm looking at strangely... ;)

thecurefan said...

Hi 17FiftySeven

I'm like a kid waiting for xmas. Erik has done an amazing job on this. Cant wait to see pics with the neck and everything in place.

Once I get my grubby little mits on it I'll write a review of the whole process inc how it feels, plays etc.

Geoff

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Hi Geoff

Cheers for that - and believe me it has been nice working with you on it. I can't wait to give it a blast myself....

cheers

Dickinstein said...

Oh yer geoff, just so you know . Its andy ,the guy who swopped the micheal kelly for your strat ;-)

What is the pricing on these ?

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Pricing - I've never quite got formal about that... Probably somewhere between 'Depends what you want' and 'Amazingly cheap' ;)

thecurefan said...

Hi Andy

Had a feeling it was after you signed off another comment with Dickinstein..

Hows the strat. Lost The MK to my daughter

Dickinstein said...

Okay thats clear lol

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Yes, sorry about that. I think I might finally have to succumb to having a price list... With Geoff's we set a budget and I've kinda worked to that, but that probably isn't the easiest way to explain either.

Think I need to sort this out, don't I?

You're the fourth person to ask today...

Dickinstein said...

Dunno if you need a price list a such , but defiantly somewhere with info on how you work with commissions as it were . Say for 400 you'll get this type of thing (hardware)on this type of body (when i can get hold of it ) ect...

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Yep. that sounds like a good idea - cheers :)