Monday 8 November 2010

Flying Out They Is

No more Funky Anymore
Well blimey, The Funky One didn't hang around long - that nice Fat Old Man snapped it up within the hour of it being listed, which I think is a new record around here. Hope you enjoy it mate, it is truly a lovely wee thing.

In other news, I've shuffled along quite quickly on the Peace Train One, and I have to say it is really quite a stunning looking guitar as well. It is going to be pretty cool to put it back together and turn it up way loud, methinks.

I've just got hold of some nice Fender pickups which (I think) I'll drop into it, though to be honest, I'm still not really sure as the existing ones have a sound about them that is just 'different', and that is always worth holding onto, innit? Maybe whoever ends-up with it will get the choice between them, just have to see.

In other news, The OCD One has had its final coats of lacquer and will be drying over the next few days. The scratchplates, however, are both done in terms of the finish, and so I can whip out the soldering iron and get them sorted out tomorrow with a bit of luck, so that they are easy to pop on in come the glorious day.

I don't know why it is, but some of these Jooky guitars come together really quickly, and others seem to take forever with no discernable reason. The OCD One has certainly taken longer than I thought - and not for any 'committee decision making' reason, that side has been very easy, it just seems to have been in slo-mo.

I guess me cocking-up the first finish, having to strip it back, paint the body and then do it all again, may have come into it, thinking about it now.
Ho hum...

9 comments:

thecurefan said...

Nice to see its gone to a new home. Did look good though.

Maybe I should 'nag' you more about the OCD one to get it finished sooner :) lol.
Seriously, I'm in no rush though, It will be finished soon enough and will be all the better for the wait.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Ah, maybe you should Geoff - not that it would speed-up the drying time, mind you ;)

No, it won't be long now - I've just wired everything up, I'll send/put up some fotos once things are in place in the scratchplates.

Not that I have checked the wiring works yet - my 'home' amp has just gone bang when I plugged it in...

Maybe it's time to put a couple of little Jooky amps together, just so I can play your guitar once it is done!

Fat Old Man said...

It seems to have been sent to Plymouth instead of Eastbourne. Any chance of chasing it up the courier service claim they can do nothing!!! They claim that was the address you gave them!!

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Hi FoM

Just emailed you & I have checked and according to the courier site - I did send it to the right address, honest!

They are shut now, but I'll get onto them first thing...

Useless gits

Fat Old Man said...

It's arrive - safe and in one piece - it looks absolutely amazing

Those DHL people didn't even give me an apology. Thanks Jooky for all your help with the idiots.

I will let you know what i think of the sound when I've had a chance to have a good play

Woohoo


The Peace Train One looks amazing too - now how can I persuade my wife I need another guitar ;)

Fat Old Man said...

It sounds geat - very dirty but also pretty versatile. I intende t use it on my next recording - a demo for one of my new projects coming up Middle Age Psychos as it definitely has a psycho edge.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

That's great FoM, can't wait to hear it in action.. I can definitely relate to the theme...

Fat Old Man said...

wow - the more I play with it the more I like it - you have to turn down the volume quite a bit to get subtle tones but they are there - The Hot Slag is awesome and I'm now getting to be an expert in mixing it in with the Evolution - anyway I'm off to play some more

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cool :)