Friday 5 November 2010

The Funky One - Finally, finally....well, nearly.

Well, the OCD One is still bobbling around under the influence of thinners and stuff, and the Peace Train One is equally being finished, so today then, I am wiring up the Funky One, after far too many false starts and distractions. Saying that, to be honest I think somebody else will be doing the soldering as I knacked my hand up and I'd probably set fire to the place.

But I'm talking about the guitar, and in case you can't remember it from all those weeks ago -  it is of course a '72 Custom Tele, type of thing, with it's lovely big sweeping scratchplate and twin 'buckers. I decided to keep the usual two volume/two tone controls in the end after mucho dithering, and pickup-wise, have gone for the unholy alliance of a DiMarzio 'Evolution' at the neck and an IronGear 'Hot Slag' at the bridge, which means this is going to be an interesting old mix. Quite warm around the edges but hopefully with a good variety of tones. Be good to see anyway.

And really, fitting those little beauties was all I needed to do as the rest of the guitar was sorted out months back like. In fact, and I've no doubt mentioned it before, the wiring had been done as well, until my 'little princess' attacked it with some wire cutters.

but there we are.

So today is going to be Funky, that's the plan.

Complete guitar pictures to follow as I get around to it...

No comments: