Wednesday 17 November 2010

Oh Dano Boy...

They are very, very complicated pickups...
Well, I think I've got to the bottom of what it is I should be doing with the Danelectro '59, and in some ways it is making me a little sad.

It has a name now, by the way, The Jangly One.

I'm feeling imaginative today,
it probably shows...

OK, but back to the point - what am I planning.

Well, it is obviously going to have a killer finish, and the slightly dodgy bits will be upgraded - that's fine.

And I think I'm going to replace the pickups with something more 'original Dano authentic' if I can find some that work for me, which I'm happy about too. My biggest concern is keeping the Dano sound really, so we will have to see.

Anyway, I've started to dismatle the Dano and am already up to my neck in gubbins putting the rather tastefilled finish on it and I have to say, I almost feel bad about it. It means I can't jingle around the living room like a floppy fringed indie boy. Better do the vacuuming instead, I guess.

Actually, bad.
But not that bad...

No comments: