Tuesday 16 November 2010

Wassup, for our American Readers

Well, it seems as though the J-Bird One, that is the name for our second Katy's Killer Custom guitar, is coming along quite nicely. I think the specification is pretty much there now and I'm kinda chuffed that my scouring of the byways and airwaves for various parts has already thrown a few up, including a rather helpfully routed Jag-esque body which I should get my hands on later this week, so things are going well on that score.

While I search around for everything else we need, I'm also trying to polish off a couple of the other guitars that are in various stages of completion. I'm also hopefully meeting up with Geoff sometime this week to hand over The OCD One, which will be a bit of a buzz for me, and hopefully for him too.

I had planned to get a 'bunch' - the officially collective term for Jooky things - of cigar box amps done to capitalise on the massive pre-Christmas demand for presents made out of old junk, but soldering is still slightly beyond me at the moment and they are having to wait unfortunately. Similarly delayed are the effects pedals and the Growler project. All most annoying, but the price of being a crip I guess.

So, anyway, don't be surprised if there are a few new guitars popping along over the next few weeks. I can manage them, with a little help from my friends, if nowt else.

Saying that, this final wee crop are likely to be the last ones for a while, as I want to get to grips with a bit of woodwork and copper mining for a while in the new year. As ever then, catch 'em while you can, I guess.

One other guitar I have to have finished pre-Yuletide is for my eldest who in fact started all of this Jooky nonsense when we built a guitar together, for him, a while back. Well, he is struggling with the size of The Dragonocaster, so I managed to get hold of a decent 3/4 sized electric recently, and I'm going to pimp that up with a rather cool Pokemon livery for him...

He already plays better than me, mind you.
Maybe I shouldn't be encouraging him...

No comments: