Friday 19 November 2010

Baby Please Come Home

Hopefully today it will actually have strings attached
Well today is the day that I finally get the OCD One back from the chap who is helping me out on the soldering front.

It's taken a week, feels like a decade, and it has been me that has been getting narky about it, Geoff has been really calm.

I'm sure I'm doing this wrong and it should have been the other way around somehow.

In the end practicalities dictated that we've gone for a mini-switch instead of a push-pull pot for the coil tap, but not the end of the world and in truth it might be more useful in those live-stress-filled-moments where you want to give it a bit of welly without changing your volume and all that.

I just can't wait for it to show up, to be honest, I just want to give it a blast and make sure it is all bang on before it gets the brown paper and string treatment and winds it's way down the M5 to it's new home.

I know I've done this a few times now, but I still get all emo-tional about it....

Anyway, when I've got it and all is well, I'll put some fotos up of our first example of Katy's Killer Custom Jookiness

10 comments:

john b said...

there seem to be more and more going out the door. we ll soon have to start an owners club.

thecurefan said...

Sounds good to me.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Hi John - Yes, we should organise a meet up in the new year, or maybe just 'Team Jooky' T Shirts with which we can impress people.

Apart from that I haven't actually got a Jooky guitar, so I couldn't come along. Hmmm...

Curefan - Yes, fingers crossed it shows up (he is bringing it over...sometiime today now)

Heh ho

Dickinstein said...

I can't wait to be in the club :-)

Hold on , wait . That may have came out wrong......

Fat Old Man said...

I think I'm normally with Groucho Marx when it comes to clubs but the lure of a Jooky T shirt might just sway me

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Ah, I thought the T shirts could prove popular.

Though you don't know yet, what I'd make them out of..

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

17FiftySeven - If it ever happens, can I be your agent?

(20% standard deal)

thecurefan said...

It would have to be Paisley for the T shirts. Personalised with the name of the guitar(s) you own on the front or back.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Hmmm...that could be nice, though might as well have a 'patch' on the front with a picture of the guitar, or at least a piece of the cloth. I tend to have some left over..

Tempting, very tempting..

I did think about a calendar with the first 12 guitars, but I'd have to get a shift on as I haven't finished 12 yet ;)

Still awaiting delivery btw Geoff *sigh*

thecurefan said...

you could do the calender using pics of guitars and amps that you have done.