Wednesday 10 November 2010

I Will Survive

Well, R&D day was fun, and somehow I survived. I have to say that the enamel was the biggest success, but then I'm not sure how long I'm meant to leave the weathering approach, so that might get better soon I guess.

I have come across a company (where I bought the copper) who will actually cut the pieces to size and shape, and even more impressive - they sell pre-weathered copper, both of which are tempting.

But I think that would be a little boring, and a cop out if I don't actually try it myself first.

If I prove too hopeless, maybe I would go that route - I buy 'normal' scratchplates after all - but you have to find your level, don't you? Plus they are bleeding expensive.

While I'm in R&D mode I've also decided that the time might well be upon us where I have to get meself a router and have a go at making my own guitar bodies. I said before that I'd got a couple of cool shapes I fancy using, and like the copper I have somebody who will make them for me if I want to, but I really need to know whether I can do it myself.

I don't mind buying all the parts for the Jooky guitars I've done so far, but if I'm moving on a stage, it seems wrong somehow to have someone else do the work. 'I'd never use a 'Designed by Duncan' pickup on principle, and I can't say I find 'designed by Jooky' much of a turn-on either.

But there we are, time will tell.

No comments: