Thursday 3 April 2014

My Hun, My Bun

Well, I finally got to play with the body of The Liberian One, and am jolly pleased with how it turned out. As I said (ahem) I wanted the lovely one-piece swamp ash body to look natural and 'time stained', and for once I remembered and did just that.

When I do the time stained thing, the idea is to make the bodies look like old wood, and as I have no imagination I tend to find such a piece of aged timber and basically try to recreate it. I suppose I should go the relic route and try and make them look like road-worn-guitars (TM), but then there are plenty of people who already do that with mystical ability so nobody needs me.

So in the case of The Liberian One, I wanted a natural wood look, that has been dinged and scraped over time and generally mellowed and yellowed. (We know a song about that don't we kiddies?). This is based on a kitchen I saw once in an old house, that oddly was made of ash. The kitchen, not the whole house, that would have been silly, mainly as it was in Coventry and it would never have survived the Blitz.

But anyway, such is life.

La la laaaa





No comments: