Saturday 12 April 2014

Old Cherry Blossom
Well, I'm a bit bored at the mo' with one thing and t'other, but hopefully things will be  back to normal next week and I can get something sorted.

Top of the list is the weirdo that The 668 One has turned into, with all thought of Wilko tributes flying out the window of sanity, as instead it will be:

1. A Tele body with a gloriously mad silly red sparkly finish

2. A Wilkinson Strat tremolo with zingy metal block

3. A single Mojo take on the classic Kay Speedbump pickup

4. An Esquire wiring loom

5. A black esquire 'plate

6. A beautifully flamed maple/rosewood neck

7. Split Kluson tuners

OK, I'm trying to remind myself here, so bear with me.

And to finish it off, I'm going for the ersatz baritone stringing of 13-65 strings, tuned down to A-A.

Which after my dabble with the Bronco, I'm really looking forward to checking out. I'm not much of a guitar player, but love playing 'Riffs' and they sound brilliant at such depths.

After that comes my lovely Lake Placid Blue Jaguar. I'm kind of dithering between going for trad Jaguar pickups (it is my first  Jooky Jag so it feels like I should in some ways) or maybe instead go for a pair of the Mojo Vintage Danelectro style lipstick pickups. Which would be pretty darn cool too, of course.

Decisions, not my thing really.

In other news I can't remember if I mentioned that in a non-Jooky way, I picked up an old battered Gretsch Electromatic Jet style thing from the good Doctor Robert. It is genuinely battered and abused and missing pickups and a lot of love. Anyway, I've got the missing bits to fix up the Bigsby (it was armless tee & hee) and will have to sort out some pickups for that too.

I'm in a Neil Young mood recently, so despite not being a Les Paul, having the wrong Bigsby and well, generally being nothing like, I quite like having an impression of Old Black to bash around. So Old Cherry Blossom will also pop up in the near future.

OK, I'm bored, I admit it.

La la laaa


No comments: