Saturday 19 April 2014

And Then Again

Well, god knows I love to start another little something before I just about get around to finishing something else that has dragged on a while, but with The 668 One, just needing a fettle, I got myself another project.

Sanity, thy name is Jooky.

And in a way it is one that is more for me than even usual, as I quite fancy a nice La Cabronita style Tele, despite saying many times that I wouldn't make another one, no neigh and never no more. But then when has consistency being my mantra? Never, never ever ever.

So I snuck myself a beautiful two part solid walnut body in, and Mr Mojo hisself is making me a lovely pickup and loom, and I do have that rather nice handmade maple Strat neck I've never known what to do with, and a set of Sperzels, and I even have a rather trendy cool Hipshot hardtail bridge and well, that is it really. I even have some strap pins, knobs, neck plate and strings. So no excuses, it will be finished this week, definitely. Err, well, maybe.

As for the finish, I loved the way the walnut looked on the back of The Whipped one, so I am tempted to go au natrel and time-stained, but we'll see. I think walnut is my fave body material at the moment, I mean I know it  is always a weighty beast, but it has a lovely sound to it and looks simply dee & vine.

So that will be The Chunky One, someday one day probably maybe-ish.

La la laaaaa

p.s. And yes, I know I put the wrong neck on for the fotos




No comments: