Monday 31 March 2014

Liberian, Lion, Zion, Free Beerian

Well, not a lot happening all over again at the moment, but I have had a rethink on The Liberian One.

If you remember, this was going to be an ersatz baritone Jazzmaster, but then I decided to change The 668 One into a flashy Tele with Strat and baritonal-esque accoutrements, and so well, there we are then. All change at Jooky central.

But what to do with the lovely single piece swamp ash Jazzmaster body? Well, after many a thought, I've come to the conclusion that it is going to get itself a simple time stained finish. I'm thinking nice and light and generally groovy.

As for the neck, I am please to report that it will indeed have one. AVRI tremolo, Staytrem bridge, Sperzels, etc. All good things, and for the pickups, I'm going to play mix and match again and put a Mojo Mosrite at the bridge and a normal Mojo Jazzmaster pickup at the neck. For me, I think this could be the perfect combination.

At least this week.

As for other things, amazingly the legend that is The Babylon Blue One is actually coming together. I know, I'm stunned too - at this rate Fed-Ex may return The Travellin' Man One and my long-term inactivity list could be totally refreshed.

But anyway, what do I know?

Lala laaa

p.s. Hope you don't mind me nicking your foto Tim ;)

No comments: