Monday 24 March 2014

I Started Something... WIP Barry Island 668 Stylee

Well, I completely changed my mind as far as The 668 One goes, so it is no longer a black Strat, instead it is a sparkly pearly red Tele with a Strat tremolo. I'm not quite sure how I justify this as a Wilko Johnson tribute, but I'm sure I'll work it out.

So anyway, I've been doing a few layers of paint and glittery stuff and it looks rather like an ice cream has melted on it, which I like if nobody else does.

Of course (apart from the odd bit of paisley) this is the first proper bright red guitar I've done, mainly because they have an unfortunate way of reminding me of Bontempi toy guitars. Red Strats yeurrch.But this is different (you can't see the proper sparkly-ness in the foto, but baby the stars shine bright.

From here it will have a zingy Wilko tremolo, the I-can't-wait-to-hear-it Mojo Kay Speedbump pickup, Mojo Esquire wiring, a quite gorgeous maple/rosewood CBS style Strat neck, cool Esquire 'plate, ye olde Klusons and there we are.

All a bit boring, I guess, but as I have had a switch of decision making and the decision I have decided is that instead of the Jazzmaster Baritone, The 668 One is going to be my Barry Island in the stream.

And so, I think I can safely say that if the legend that is Mr Wilko Johnson had decided that he quite fancied a Jookified Baritone Tele with an old fashioned dirt buster of a pickup, and a wang bar to err, play  in Las Vegas, well, this might just have been it.

Unlikely, I know, but there we are.

La la laaaaa

No comments: