Monday 10 March 2014

To Liberia, With Love

Well, still not a great deal going on around here due to dodgy mincers, but I have enjoyed playing my wee Musicmasterish Bronco-esque Baritone, which as experiments go has turned out quite well, I must admit.

So I've gotten to be thinking that next I should make a real one, and as I have a rather dishy one-piece swamp ash Jazzmaster body going begging, that looks like a good place to start.

I mean, I know a Jaguar/Bass VI is more traditional, but there is no point being awkward if you aren't going to show it, now is there?

So the plan is that the body will get a nifty finish (I'm hedging as I haven't decided what yet), a big long  neck, some tuners, a tremolo and probably some pickups. It is that level of for-thought and planning without which nothing would get done around here at all, of course.

In fact I want this to be quite a low down dirty thing, so some of Marc Mojo's Mosrite specials will definitely get used I think.

And that will henceforth and forthwith be known as The Liberian One, coming one day, soon and probably whenever.

La la laaa


No comments: