Friday 7 March 2014

RayGun Relics

Well, I know I don't do relics here in Jookyland, and that is for lots of reasons, but I must admit I do like some of them.

Not all, not the belt-sander brigade, but the ones where things are made to feel old rather than to look like road kill, I get that.

And then there are the ones that go so  far over the top that it can become an artform. I think the closest I got to that myself was with some rust and rosewood veneer, but I do have a high regard for the peeps that pull something quite so OTT off.

The reason I mention this is because I got Graham over at Ray Gun Relics to do me a tastfilled aged guitar (more on that another day) which has severely exceeded my expectations, and having seen some of his other work, I am definitely putting him in the artist category.

This is a 'Seaworn' one, which is superbly cool...think I'm in lust
Well, apart from the fact that his guitars are so crazy cheap.

For now.

So I am thinking I might have to treat myself to one of his exaggerated heavy relics as, as it were, a Tele  I think, I just can't decide which one.

Hope he doesn't mind my nicking his pix, but gord knows I like to share with the group...

You can find Ray Gun Relics on Ebay HERE

La la laaa

4 comments:

Rob said...

Holy cow are they cheap and amazingly lovely!!!

Was this just a purchase for yourself? or do you plan to experiment with it?

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

No, my one he did as a custom so I specced everything and am verily chuffed indeed :)

Unknown said...

Graham is awesome and have purchased 5 off him. They are gigged and sound and look amazing.

I sent him a review yesterday and he was chuffed.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Good to hear Chris, and totally agree - he is a total gent, great to deal with, and the guitar I've had (really must put a foto up) is stunning. I'm definitely going to have to get one of his Teles though, they look incredible