Sunday 29 December 2013

Thank You For The Musae

Well, I  hope you did better out of Santa than I did - a 20 year old Boss Multi-fx was the highlight in the end with a delay 'pedal' aspect with RSI. But whether you did or not (and I do care, most sincerely) I am thinking that here in Jookyland, 2014 is going to be fun.

Obviously I got messed about by couriers over Xmas, so The Jamis Vu and Trojan Ones are still here, all boxed-up and ready to go, and The Travellin' Man One has slipped off the radar - which I'm guessing means U.S Customs are taking it to pieces, but they should resolve soon enough. I just hope there are no controlled explosions - those dynamite PIO caps are always a worry.

And going forward, I need to:

1. Find the camera so that,

2. I can introduce you to the newly finished The Diamond Shiny and Sally James Ones, which are each and every way glorious.

And glorious they are.

The Gold Foil/Charlie Christian-esque Mojo pickups in the Tele are genius (not mine obviously, some geezer in Halifax) and I am rather in love with my Mustang Sally.

Next of course I have The Lingering Honey One, which just needs a groovy CoolEtched scratchplate, The Speedbump laden The 668 One, which unfortunately seems to have the HB routing in the wrong place so I need to get brave and cut some wood (which is disappointing, I have to admit) and well, the others on the list.

As I am Jazzmasterless again, I'm stealing a chapter from Mr Mojo's book, and doing myself one, with a pair of proper Teisco style Gold Foils.

And this I am rather excited about. I have a lovely Daphne Blue Jazzmaster body, suitably aged and lacquer crazed, one of my delish blocked and bound necks, the Mojo Gold Foils and loom to come shortly, and a set of Sperzels and I'm ready to go. This will genuinely be a keeper, no honest, although I must admit I did open up The Jamais Vu One earlier and instantly regretted not keeping that one too. But anyway, The Alcman One should be rather groovy indeedy.

But looking forward, I think 2014 will be rather offset in the Jooky Classic department, and if things work out as hoped a few sets of Juniors too. I'm hoping that some set necked Juniors and top notch Les Paul style thingies will also happen, but we'll have to see.

For the first time I've made less guitars this year than last due to my rather extended summer break, but it has been worthwhile I think as the world is straighter in my head.

Yadda yadda yadddaa...

But there we are, Happy new year and thanks for sticking around to read this drivel.

La la laaaaa

No comments: