Wednesday 18 December 2013

Lingering Honey With The Paper Plate

Well, I just realised I had put this back in it's case as I am waiting for a super cool scratchplate to be etched, but I hadn't shown you just how lovely my Honey was looking.

I must admit the paper 'plate look doesn't really work, but imagine that with a bit of quality etched metal, and hopefully you'll see where I'm headed, if not where I'm coming from.

Probably.

And I have to say she is a wee dream. The corroded bronze top is understated yet displays moments of brilliance. The neck is a beaut - long tenon and all - and I have to say I am totally in lust with the Mojo Gold Foil pickup, which is a dirty sick puppy yet cleans up for church quite nicely thank you very much.

The 'plate is of course a finishing touch, as is the epic Hipshot Baby Grand bridge/tailpiece thingy and the ornate Art of Deco Grover tuners.

I even left the back just stained and waxed to show off the one piece of mahogany the body is made of.

And I think I may have found my keeper of a Jooky, for now anyway...who knows what futures will bring.

Well, until I pickup The Trojan and Jamais Vu Ones, when I change my mind rapidly.

La la laaaa

No comments: